General Job Description
Capital allocation decisions are taken through a rigorous process at ReNew. This involves a comprehensive due-diligence of the investment note forwarded by the business units seeking capital approval by the CEO office. Additionally, the CEO office assess each capital allocation opportunity in the overall organizational context – i.e. impact on the organizational cash flow, impact on the overall risks, manpower planning etc. This position would be heading the investment due-diligence responsibility within the CEO office.
- Assisting team leads in comprehensive due-diligence of the investment note by validating all the assumptions made by the business units and identifying the risks, impact and mitigation measures
- Reaching out to external entities for independent verification
- Preparation and analysis for each investment note – e.g. organizational cash flow projections and sufficiency, impact on organizational risk, impact on off-taker credit profile, sufficiency of manpower bandwidth etc.
- Ensuring a structured Investment Committee (IC) process – running the IC process in a time-bound and disciplined manner
- Maintaining updated trackers of all opportunities evaluated and their status IRR actualization of portfolio projects
- Competitive analysis
- Regular stakeholder engagement with business teams and support functions.
- Assisting team leads in Structured IC process that provides the Investment Committee members the required inputs in a timely manner to facilitate right decision making
- Keeping track of all opportunities from origination to closure
- Keeping track of pipeline status and risks on a live basis
- Draft memos and documents for internal processing of new investments.
- Prepare investment or advisory committee materials, with supervision.
- Assisting team leads in analyzing financial statements/projections, build financial models and run sensitivities, with accountability for factual accuracy.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to answer questions on documents and analysis.
- Prepare routine portfolio monitoring reports and generate needed data from multiple resources.
Profile & Eligible Criteria
- MBA from a tier 1, reputed institute
- Around 2-5 years of work experience. Industry or consulting experience in renewable energy sector
preferred but not mandatory
- Strong financial modeling skills and power point skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with multiple internal and external stakeholders for
getting the required inputs
- Ability to work in continuously evolving environment
The role would require extensive internal interfacing with business teams and support functions such as Corporate Finance, Accounts, Legal, QHSE. External interfaces would be with consultants, market research agencies, regulators etc.
- Head, IC Team
- Works along with Team Leads